CITIZENSHIP BY INVESTMENT
Malta is an island nation, located in the Mediterranean Sea, a short ferry ride from Sicily. Among its many distinctive attributes, Malta is known for its exceptional standard of living, low crime rates and a strong economy. Malta is a dynamic and globally connected international finance center with a very proactive regulatory regime. Known to be a transparent international business partner, Malta has a strong focus on innovation and emerging technologies. For investors, the country offers a diverse portfolio of well-regulated business sectors around tourism, maritime services, financial services, technology, and high-value manufacturing.
WHY MALTA CITIZENSHIP BY INVESTMENT?
Malta is one of the best performing economies in Europe with a competitive business environment and a high quality of life. Its favorable policies and exciting opportunities have attracted some of the leading business corporations to the country. Obtaining citizenship allows you to travel to most of the world without visa including the USA. It has the strongest due diligence process. Malta is well connected to most major cities in Europe and important business hubs in North Africa and the Middle East. Notably, English is one of Malta’s two official languages.
Here are some compelling factors for investing for citizenship in Malta:
- Visa free to more than 160 countries in the globe.
- Access all EU schools and universities either for free or at special tuition rates.
- Access to well established EU healthcare systems.
- Right to stay, live, work and study in any EU member country.
- No restriction on holding dual nationality.
- Provision to include dependent children under 26 and dependent parents above 55.
- Children who are at least 18 years of age, challenged physically or mentally, and fully dependent on the main applicant can be included.
WHAT ARE THE APPLYING QUALIFICATIONS?
- Main applicant must be at least 18 years old.
- Applicants should hold a valid passport.
- Applicants must be outstanding character and provide no criminal records.
- Applicants should have a valid Schengen Visa.
- Applicants should hold permanent residence in Malta and stay 14 days before being granted citizenship.
THE INVESTMENT OPTION
According to the Individual Investor Program, the investor MUST DO THE FOLLOWING:
A. Contribution to the National Economic and Social Development Fund
B. Residential Immovable Property
Buying property worth at least € 350,000 and maintaining ownership for 5 years. Or leasing a property for five years with a minimum annual rent of € 16,000.
|C. Bonds Investment
Investment in bonds, stocks or debentures with a minimum of € 150,000.
Applicable Fees in the investment option
|Due diligence fee for main applicant||€ 7,500.|
|Due diligence fee for spouse||€ 5,000.|
|Due diligence fee for each qualifying dependent aged 13 to 17 years old||€ 3,000.|
|Due diligence fee for each qualifying dependent aged 17 years old and above||€ 5,000.|
|Passport application fee per applicant||€ 500.|
|Bank charges fee||€ 200.|
COUNTRIES OFFER CBI