ANTIGUA & BARBUDA
CITIZENSHIP BY INVESTMENT
WHY ANTIGUA AND BARBUDA CITIZENSHIP BY INVESTMENT?
Antigua and Barbuda have been an independent Commonwealth state since 1981, and it is a member of several international organizations such as the United Nations (UN) and the Caribbean Community (CARICOM). The government dedicated an official website to visit if you are interested in the program as the following: https://www.cip.gov.ag/ And great benefits for the investors and their family as following:
- Successful applicants can enjoy visa-free travel to over 130 countries worldwide.
- It allows dual citizenship.
- Main applicant and spouse can include their children up to age 30.
- Main applicant and spouse can include their parents or grant parents who are above 55.
- No tax on foreign income, capital gains, gifts or inheritance tax.
- Children who are challenged physically or mentally and fully dependent on the main applicant can be included.
- Siblings of the main applicant/spouse single, and not having children can be included.
WHAT ARE THE QUALIFICATIONS?
- Main applicant should complete 18 years of age at the time of application.
- Applicants should have excellent health.
- Main applicant should have a high personal net worth.
- Applicants should be outstanding character.
- Applicants should not hold criminal records
THE INVESTMENT OPTIONS
The applicants can invest in a government-approved property valued at a minimum of USD 400,000, or purchase shares for the same minimum amount in a real estate development property. Another way, two applicants can equally invest in any approved project with a minimum investment of USD 200,000 for each. Either way, this investment should be held for 5 years.
Real Estate Investment Cost:
To qualify for citizenship of Antigua and Barbuda, an applicant must invest a minimum of USD 400,000 or USD 200,000 in government-approved projects.
Established by the Government to diversify and support the national economy, Antigua and Barbuda’s National Development Fund (NDF) requires a minimum contribution of USD 100,000 plus USD 30,000 Government fees, equating to USD 130,000 for a single applicant. The same will be increased if other applicants apply.
- Single applicant USD 100,000.
- Family up to 4 applicants USD 100,000.
- Family of 5 and more USD 150,000.
The government decided to establish this option seeking for job creation to the citizens of the country. The project should be recommended first from citizenship by investment unit (CIU) to Cabinet for approval, whether the investment in new or existing business.
Business investment cost:
- Main applicant should invest with a minimum of USD 1,500,000 in approved business investment.
- Two or more applicants can join investment in approved business investment with a minimum amount value of USD 5,000,000. Each applicant required to contribute minimum USD 400,000 to the joint investment to qualify for the citizenship application.
This option is dedicated for financing UWI’s fourth landed campus. This option is highly recommended for big families that have 6 applicants or more as the total contribution is USD 150,000 for family of 6. The contribution will remain the same if the family have more than 6 applicants as well. In addition, one member of the family is entitled to a 1-year scholarship at the University of West Indies.
Applicable Fees for all investment options
|Processing fee for single applicant
|Processing fee for family up to four applicants
|Processing fee for each additional qualifying dependent
|Due diligence fee for main applicant
|Due diligence fee for spouse
|Due diligence fee per dependent 12-17
|Due diligence fee per dependent 18 and over
|Passport application fee per applicant
COUNTRIES OFFER CBI